Singapore: Beef Noodles
Beef noodles are one of the most popular street foods in Singapore. There is not really a single recipe for Singapore Beef Noodle and they can be influenced by any of the surrounding countries cuisines. They can be soupy, dry or somewhere in between. Our recipe has a distinctly Chinese influence to it, with a good amount of five spice and a dark soy sauce and rice vinegar broth.
Click through for the recipe.
- 1 package of fresh noodles(we used thick white wheat noodles)
- 1 lb cubed beef
- 1 tbs 5 spice powder
- 5 cloves garlic, whole but crushed
- 1 knob ginger, peeled, whole and crushed
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 5 peeled turnips
- handful of green beans
- 10 mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 package pickled mustard greens
- cilantro to garnish
- lime to garnish
- Brown meat
- Add rest of ingredients and braise for 4 hours at low temp(or pressure cook for 1 hour).
- Serve over noodles and top with pickled mustard greens, cilantro and squeeze of lime